关于在家的情景对话
Dialogue 1
A:It’s time to get up!
该起床了
B:I just went to bed!
我刚刚睡下。
A:You shouldn’t have stayed up so late watching TV. I told you we had to get an early start.
你不该夜里看电视看得那么晚。我告诉过你我们得清早动身。
B:I know, but that movie was just too good to leave. I guess I’ll just have to pay the price and be sleepy.
我知道。但那个影片太吸引人了,不能不看。我想我只得认了,就困倦些吧。
A:Do you want to eat breakfast here?
你还想在家里吃早饭吗?
B:No. Why don’t we just grab a bite at the coffee shop next door?
不了,我们干嘛不在隔壁的咖啡馆里吃点东西呢。
A:Okay by me.
我没意见。
Dialogue 2
A:I wonder what we should have for dinner this evening.
我们今天的晚餐该做什么吃呢?
B:Are you asking me?
你在问我吗?
A:Yes, I am. I really don’t feel much like cooking, but the family must eat.
是的。我真不太想做饭,但全家总得吃饭吧。
B:Well, you know me. I can always eat pizza – or spaghetti.
哦,你是知道我的。意大利饼和实心面条我是吃不厌的。
A:So I’ve noticed. You’re putting on a little weight, aren’t you?
这我已经注意到了。你胖了不少,是吧?
B:I know. Don’t remind me. I’m starting a new diet the day after tomorrow.
这我知道,用不着你提醒我。后天我要重新节食。
A:It’s about time.
你是该节食了。
Dialogue 3
A:Did you lock the doors?
你把门都锁上了吗?
B:All except the back door. I left that open for Tim. He took the dog for a walk.
除了后门都锁上了。我给蒂姆留着后门,他带着狗散步去了。
A:Well, I’m going on to bed. I’m beat.
嗯,我睡觉去了。我累极了。
B:Okay. I’m going to stay up a while. I’ve got to go over the household budget. We’re a little overspent this month.
好吧。我再呆会儿。我得把家里的账算一算,这个月我们超支了一点。
A:Please tell Tim to close the door to the basement. I don’t want the dog down there tonight.
让蒂姆关上贮藏室的门,我不想让狗今晚跑到那儿去。
B:Okay. Good night. See you at breakfast.
好吧。晚安。明天吃早饭时见。
Dialogue 4
A:This is the last of the milk.
这是最后的一点点儿牛奶了。
B:I know. I intend to go to the store today.
我知道。今天我打算去商店。
A:Would you get some of that new cereal we saw advertised on TV?
您买点儿我们在电视广告上看到的那种新麦片,好吗?
B:Which one?
哪种?A:You know … the one with the silly ad about how vitamins jump up and down.
嗯…,就是那种有一个逗乐的广告,广告上维生素蹦蹦跳跳的。
B:Oh, you mean “KIKIES”?
哦,你说的是KIKIES?A:Yeah. That’s the one.
对,就是那种。
B:Well, I’ll see. Sometimes the stores don’t have some of the new kinds of cereal.
好吧,我去看看。有时商店里没有那些新牌子的麦片。