生日聚会 Birthday party invitation
A: Melissa? I'd like to invite you to my wife's birthday party.
梅丽莎?我想请你参加我妻子的生日聚会。
B: Thanks, Frank. I'd love to come. When is it?
谢谢,弗兰克。我非常愿意参加。什么时候?
A: Her birthday is on the 9th. We're going to have dinner at a Mexican restaurant, and then maybe go out dancing.
她的生日是在9号。我们准备在一家墨西哥餐馆吃晚餐,之后也许去跳舞。
B: Sounds like fun. You can count me in! Just give me directions to the restaurant.
听起来很开心。你可以算上我一个!告诉我那家餐馆在哪。
办公室聚会 An office party
A: Mrs. Montgomery? I've been trying to figure out when we should have the New Year's party. Could you take a book at these dates?
蒙格玛利女士?我正在盘算着哪天开一个新年聚会。你看看这几天行吗?
B: Sure. The twenty-ninth is out. I'll be out of the office all day at a seminar. Either the twenty-eighth or the thirtieth is fine.
当然。29号不行了。我要外出开一整天演讨会。28号或30号都行。
A: Well, why don't we make it the thirtieth? We can set it up from three to five. That way, everybody can just go home afterwards.
嗯,那我们就定30号吧。可以从3点开到5点。这样的话,大家可以结束后就回家。
B: Sounds good to me. You make up the invitations, I've got run. I've got a meeting in five minutes.
我觉得不错。你来做请柬,我得走了。五分钟后我有个会要开。
安排生日聚会 Setting up a birthday party
A: Well, Cindy. We were going to try to surprise you for your birthday. But you're just too busy! Can you tell me when you'll be free?
噢,辛蒂,我们打算给你个生日的惊喜,但是你的确太忙了。你能跟我讲你什么时候有空吗?
B: Oh, Brian. That's really sweet of you guys. I would love to get together with all of you. How about Friday?
哦,布莱恩,你们真太好了。我非常想和大伙儿聚一聚。星期五怎么样?
A: Great! What time?
太好了!什么时间?
B: I'm free all afternoon. Why don't we meet at 1 o'clock in the lobby?
我一下午都有空。我们1点在大厅见好吗?